Helena S. Younossi has extensive experience helping companies ranging from startups to Fortune 500 multinationals with their U.S. business immigration matters, including employee work authorizations, I-9 IRCA Compliance, M&A, LCA Compliance, Immigration Program and Policy development, as well as Consular and Global work visa coordination. She also represents individuals and families in their immigration related needs. Ms. Younossi has been invited to speak on immigration and legal ethics by organizations such the American Bar Association (ABA), the Public Law Institute (PLI), the California State Bar, the Sixth Annual Statewide Ethics Symposium, and the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, to name a few. Her work has included membership in the State Bar Executive Committee of the International Law Section, the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) National Ethics and Practice Management Committee, service as the AILA NorCal Ethics Liaison and as Vice Chair of the BASF Ethics Committee. She serves on the Board of Advisors for the AILA National Ethics Compendium, which will result in the first comprehensive publication of the ABA Model rules’ application to the practice of immigration law. Helena has also been peer-selected for inclusion in “The Best Lawyers in America” each year since 2010, “Northern California Super Lawyers” each year since 2010 and “San Francisco’s Best Lawyer” each year since 2012. She was selected as a ‘2013 Top Rated Lawyer’ by Martindale-Hubbell and listed among “Women Leaders in the Law” in The American Lawyer Magazine, January 2013 issue. She is a three-time recipient of the Wiley W. Manuel Award for her pro-bono work and a triathlete who has completed Ironman Canada.
Recent Select Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Ethical Considerations in Online Marketing and Messaging, Presenter, California AILA Conference, January 2014
- Practicing Immigration Law Across State Lines, Presenter, AILA National Webinar, December 2013
- Smooth Operator: Tips & Tricks to Efficient Productive Practice; Discussion Leader, AILA National, June 2013, Washington, DC
- Ethical Considerations in Drafting Client Retainers & Electronic Communications, Presenter, Northern California AILA Chapter, June 2013
- Immigration and Export Control, Renewed Focus of DHL, CA State Bar Annual Meeting, 2011.
- From I-9 Employment Verification Liability, Completion and Compliance Training Seminar, MyOHR (HR Consulting Services), November 18th, 2010, Campbell, California.
- Ethical Issues of Outsourcing Legal Support Services Overseas, 83rd Annual Meeting of The State Bar of California, September 23, 2010, Monterey, California.
- Ethics, Practice Management, and Marketing, AILA Spring 2010, Austin, Texas, 2010.
- Immigration and Export Control Considerations in Employing Foreign Nationals, Cooley Godward Kronish LLP, Palo Alto, March 20, 2009.
- Immigration Practice in a High Tech World, AILA NorCal, San Francisco, CA, 2008.